1896 : Ubly Incorporated

When:
June 26, 2020 all-day
2020-06-26T00:00:00-04:00
2020-06-27T00:00:00-04:00

Ubly Train Station

On June 26, 1896, Ubly was incorporated.

In 1865, Alfred Pagett opened a store in Huron County and named the community Pagett’s Corners. He soon changed his mind and called the town Ubley, after his native town in England. But the train depot misspelled the name and it was never changed.

Source: Michigan History Magazine

Leave a Reply