1864 : Harper Hospital Opens in Detroit

When:
October 12, 2019 all-day
2019-10-12T00:00:00-04:00
2019-10-13T00:00:00-04:00

Image may contain: text

On October 12, 1864, Harper Hospital opened as a general military hospital for wounded Civil War soldiers. Occupying the same site as the modern hospital on the east side of Woodward Ave., it was built on land donated by wealthy Detroiter Walter Harper.

Source : Detroit Historical Society post, October 12, 2018.