1951: MSU Kellogg Center Opens

When:
September 17, 2021 all-day
2021-09-17T00:00:00-04:00
2021-09-18T00:00:00-04:00

Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center History

The Story Behind Our Hotel

Originally conceived just before the outbreak of the Second World War, Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center opened its doors to the public on September 17, 1951, operated by Bill Garrison.

The Michigan Hotel Association sought to create a facility in which they could house everything needed to hold an educational conference under one roof as a sort of laboratory in hotel management. This idea interested the Kellogg Foundation as a means to provide a venue for adult education, and the Kellogg Foundation financed the building, donating $1.4 million. With a land grant and additional $500,000 from the State Board of Agriculture, Michigan State University became the site of the first Kellogg Center for Continuing Education—an important milestone in the history of MSU.

Today, there are eleven Kellogg Centers throughout the United States.

Source : MSU Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center

Leave a Reply